Message Boards

Apparatus Editor error message

thumbnail
Ken M. Penner, modified 4 Years ago.

Apparatus Editor error message

Padawan Posts: 31 Join Date: 6/22/18 Recent Posts
The Collate gadget seems to be working now: showing the graphs, accepting new rules. I had some difficulties due to having set the versification wrong (some DEFAULT, some KJVA, some LXXNU, which then displayed Isaiah as 1 John, Isaiah, and 3 Macc, respectively!). But that's another story. I only mention this to set the context for the following question, showing that collation has data to work with.

The Apparatus Editor gadget shows: the project name, Verse Selection (from which I chose Isa 1 1), and 4 buttons, but when I click the "Collate Project Witnesses" button I get a pop-up "no data was returned from collation," and the main body of the gadget is blank.
How can I diagnose the problem? (What data is it expecting and how is it asking for it? Is there an API call I can try to see if the data is there?)
thumbnail

RE: Apparatus Editor error message

Perhaps this info from the logs will help:
​​​​​​​ WARN [http-bio-8080-exec-197] (vmrcre_005fcollation_jsp.java:95) - error: python collation started
There are 45 decisions
python collation finished

INFO [http-bio-8080-exec-197] (vmrcre_005fcollation_jsp.java:187) - ********************************************************* Result: null
It looks to me like the python collator is getting the data it needs, but the result is not getting back to the calling jsp.
thumbnail

I'm getting this traceback of a KeyError on transcription_verse['transcription_id']
​​​​​​​Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/vmrcre/vmrcre-linux/tomcat-7.0.62/webapps/community/modules/apparatus/edit/python/collate_cli.py", line 103, in <module>
    eprint(collation(params))
  File "/home/vmrcre/vmrcre-linux/tomcat-7.0.62/webapps/community/modules/apparatus/edit/python/collate_cli.py", line 73, in collation
    output = p.process_witness_list(data_input, requested_witnesses, rules, basetext_transcription, project, display_settings, collate_settings, accept)
  File "/home/vmrcre/vmrcre-linux/community/webapp/modules/apparatus/edit/python/collation/preprocessor.py", line 46, in process_witness_list
    if transcription_verse['transcription_id'] == basetext_transcription:
KeyError: 'transcription_id'
I'll keep trying things, but I thought I'd post this in case the solution is obvious.
thumbnail

I'm getting results now, after the following changes:
In preprocessor.py I made this change:
#                logger.debug('no overtext was found')
                eprint('no overtext was found')
and I replaced all instances of transcription_id with document_id, like this:
#            if transcription_verse['transcription_id'] == basetext_transcription:
            if transcription_verse['document_id'] == basetext_transcription: