Message Boards

Transcription assignments

thumbnail
Ken M. Penner, modified 4 Years ago.

Transcription assignments

Padawan Posts: 31 Join Date: 6/22/18 Recent Posts
Transcription assignments just says Computing Project Status. Please wait...with a spinning wheel. How long should one expect to wait?
thumbnail
Troy A. Griffitts, modified 4 Years ago.

RE: Transcription assignments

Youngling Posts: 13 Join Date: 8/12/16 Recent Posts
emoticon Not very long.  There is likely something wrong.  Have you created a manuscript list in the catalog gadget (My Lists tab) with the manuscripts you have decided to use for your project, and then In the project configuration gadget, selected this manuscript list as the project list?  You project may not have a large number of witnesses to consider, but projects like the NTVMR have over 5700 witnesses for the NT and usually only choose about 160 for each NT book (each of which is a 'project' for them, e.g., Acts)  Your list can simply select all witnesses you have in your VMRCRE instance, if you choose. 
thumbnail

Troy A. GriffittsHave you created a manuscript list in the catalog gadget (My Lists tab) with the manuscripts you have decided to use for your project
No. In the Catalogue gadget, the Active List: dropdown does have the option "+ Add new list", and choosing it brings up a "Create New List" box, but clicking its "Create New List" button does not appear to have any effect other than closing the box. I would expect to see a new list after that, but no, there's still only "My Favorites".
thumbnail

I think the problem was that I missed step 8 in VMR CRE - Bundle Installation for Production: Portal data migration.

I went back and did that; I can now Create New List, but I suspect my documents, pages, and transcriptions are gone.